good information | an experienced birth practitioner | practical skills
This course is ideal for parents whose baby is due between November – January. You might be expecting your first baby, or you could be experienced parents in need of a refresher and a chance to focus on birth again.
With small groups this is an exclusive way to gain professional birth preparation and to access ongoing support.
My sessions are based on first-hand experience and up-to-date research and this course has been designed to prepare you well for the reality of labour, birth and the early weeks with your new baby.
In five sessions you will gain knowledge about…
- EARLY LABOUR – because knowing what to expect in the early stages of labour is important
- ESTABLISHED LABOUR & GIVING BIRTH – what to expect, managing your contractions, managing your energy, pain relief, knowing your options
- WHAT CAN HELP & WHAT CAN HINDER – the small things can make a big difference
- GOOD BIRTH SUPPORT – so birth partners know how to help
- EFFECTIVE POSITIONS FOR LABOUR & BIRTH – to move, to rest, to use positions and gravity to help your contractions and to be more comfortable
- USING YOUR BREATHING – to stay calm and to encourage effective and manageable contractions
- INDUCTION, EPIDURAL & CAESAREANS – these can all be a necessary part of labour and birth so it helps to be better prepared, to know what to expect and to know what your options are
- USING PAIN RELIEF EFFECTIVELY – so you know what your options are and how to use them well
- PANIC POINTS – and how to manage them
- EARLY DAYS WITH YOUR BABY – what to expect and how soothe and settle your baby in those first few days and weeks as parents.
Booking onto this session also includes:
- Labour & Birth Handbook
- email and phone support in early labour and during the first week with your baby
- 10% discount on a baby massage course
It is important to me to be able to support parents in the best way possible so I don’t teach large groups of people – my sessions run with 2, 3, or 4 couples so they are informal, so you can focus on the information and the skills, so you chat and ask questions while feeling comfortable and relaxed.
I am an experienced birth practitioner – I have worked with expectant parents since 2002 and I have also attended births – and my sessions are about providing good information and practical skills so you can be better prepared for the birth of your baby and so you can think about your options and what might be helpful for you.
These antenatal classes are ideal for first-time parents from Tyneside & Newcastle
5 sessions | Monday or Wednesday sessions | 7-9pm | £135 | North Shields
Monday: October 1, 8, 15, 22 & 29 ONE SPACE LEFT
You can pay here (with booking fee) or you can message me for online banking details…
5 sessions to get you better prepared for labour & birth
If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to send me a message…