After running small group baby massage courses almost monthly since 2010, I am now doing things a little differently with online baby massage sessions.
Online sessions are a great way to learn baby massage, to ease isolation and to stay cosy with your baby – this can be really beneficial when your baby is new or on those tired days.
Here’s how it all works and how you can make the most of your online sessions.
Making your online sessions work for you
My baby massage sessions are 90 minutes long and will run over Zoom, which you can access on a laptop, tablet or phone.
Make a comfy space for you and your baby:
- In a warm room, set up a changing mat with a blanket
- Sit on a cushion so you are comfy and can sit back and feed/cuddle your baby
- Have everything you need within reach – a drink, a snack, baby changing items and your baby massage oil
- Have your phone, tablet, laptop in a position where you are can see and reach the screen – you might need to practise with this
Meet the needs of your baby – feed, soothe, change – not every baby will be ready for massage during the session slot.
I will demonstrate baby massage and I will repeat if you would like me to go through specific strokes again.
You can chat and ask questions, you can keep your camera off and you can just watch the baby massage.
Relax & enjoy the session
Everyone who signs up for my baby massage sessions will:
- be sent a link to the private Facebook group for conversation and questions
- have access to baby massage videos to watch at your own pace
- be able to access and download baby massage handouts
- have access to 6 online baby massage sessions
- be sent baby massage oil (if you live in the UK)
I am an experienced baby massage instructor and postnatal group leader and I have adapted my skills to work online throughout the last year. My baby massage program is a great way to learn different baby massage strokes, to chat, to ask questions and to gather reassurance about all things baby and early parenting.
Just let me know if you have any questions.
a specialist in pregnancy, birth & early parenting | working with parents since 2002