This pregnancy essentials checklist is for all pregnancies. Whether you are feeling great or if your pregnancy is more complicated you can adapt these to suit your needs.
Pregnancy is a time to look after you, to focus on what you need and to gather knowledge.
It is a time to ask questions, to put yourself at the centre of your care and to tune in to your instincts.
After working with thousands of expectant parents – and having three pregnancies myself – I know how different each pregnancy can be. But it always comes back to the basics…
- being as comfortable as possible – moving, walking, using a ball, using pillows, changing position can all help
- eat as well as possible and drink plenty of water to help with tiredness and general discomforts
- put yourself at the centre of your care. Say what you need, rest when you can, gather information and ask questions about your care and as part of your birth preparation.
- know how to use your breathing. This for for calm, to ease aches and pains, to help with sleep and as preparation for all births.
- speak up if you are not feeling well, if you feel that something isn’t quite right and if you are worried about anything.
You can book a session with me if you have questions, need some additional support or preparation for birth & baby.
antenatal & postnatal specialist | working with parents since 2002
Always seek medical support if you are concerned about yourself or your baby. Even if it is just a feeling that something isn’t right.