Baby Sleep Consultations – professional support with an experienced practitioner
Baby sleep is a huge issue for tired parents, who are keen to find solutions. With babies usually comes a lack of sleep – this is completely normal but it doesn’t mean it is easy. It can help to understand why babies sleep differently, what might encourage better sleep and how you can look after you and get more rest.
There are no easy solutions when it comes to babies and sleep but expectations for a full night of sleep can be unrealistic. This then leaves you not just tired but frustrated and feeling like you are doing something wrong.
I have worked with parents for a number of years now and I know how varied and exhausting it can be. Having someone to listen and provide calm, knowledgeable reassurance can make a lot of difference.
My Baby Sleep Support has been carefully designed to support you when you are tired and out of ideas. My aim is not to tell you what to do or to give you rigid routines but to give you the opportunity to talk it through and to gather good information, ideas and a fresh perspective on your baby’s sleep.
My suggestions are gentle and practical, encouraging you to follow your baby’s cues and to make changes so you can get more rest.
You will find out more about…
- baby sleep cues
- baby brain development, sleep needs and the different reasons why babies need to wake in the night
- creating a safe sleep environment
- developing a gentle bedtime routine, including winding down and getting ready for sleep
- gentle daytime routines, depending on the age of your baby
- coping strategies for managing with less sleep
You will benefit from…
- a calm knowledgeable approach
- working with an experienced practitioner
- notes, resources & Guide To Baby Sleep
- ongoing information, support and reassurance
“We really needed this because we are tired and in need of a fresh perspective on our baby’s sleep.”
“This was a great session – I know I am not doing anything wrong. My expectations about sleep are a bit more realistic now.”
You can book one session or book a block of sessions to have continued information, support and reassurance.
£55 for a 90-minute session
£110 for 3 x 60 minute sessions
This is how consultations work…
- Your baby sleep sessions can be made at a time to best suit you – just send me a message below and we will arrange them.
- The sessions will take place over Zoom or over the phone if you prefer
- If you are on Tyneside it may be possible to arrange face-to-face appointments once Covid has calmed down.
- During your session, you will be able to talk openly and honestly and to ask questions to talk through ideas and coping strategies.
- I will send you the baby sleep resources and any relevant session notes for you to read and use at home.
- You will also have the opportunity to ask me questions after your consultations with me.
Janine Smith | A specialist in pregnancy, birth and early parenting
Working with parents since 2002
My practice is about ongoing support and community to ease isolation, boost wellbeing and provide a safe space for questions.
Join my private Facebook group and I am currently developing a membership community for parents.