The birth debrief service is professional, practical and effective, with sessions to help make sense of the birth of your baby and your recovery.
If you have any questions or you feel upset about the birth of your baby, it can be useful to talk it through. Parents book sessions with me for different reasons:
- it might be that your birth didn’t go to plan
- medical interventions may have left you feeling shocked
- or the intensity of it may have been overwhelming
- birth doesn’t have to have been traumatic – simply talking it through and making sense of what you experienced can be helpful
- I also work with mums who want to talk about how birth has left them feeling about themselves and their body.
Birth Debrief Service: there is no right time to have a session, I see parents at different times…
- during the first weeks or months when it is fresh in your mind
- if you are thinking about having another baby but the birth is still weighing on your mind
- if you are pregnant again and in need of a birth debrief before you can prepare for birth again.
You will benefit from calm, knowledgeable support and reassurance.
These are confidential sessions to talk about the birth of your baby, its impact on you, to ask questions and to be listened to.
You can attend a birth debrief on your own or with your partner.
Birth Debrief Service: what parents say
“It really helped to go through everything, to make some sense of it and to be honest about how I am feeling.”
“I really needed the time to focus on the birth of my first baby to help me get my head ready for the birth of my second baby. I felt less anxious after our session and I was able to put everything into perspective.”
Birth Debrief Service: arranging your sessions
- Your sessions will be by video call or over the phone if you prefer.
- You can use the diary below to book a 90-minute session (£55) or you can send me a message.
- Message me below to organise three 1-hour sessions (£110).
- You can pay for your sessions here.
A few words about why a birth debrief matters…
I have spoken to women – and sometimes their partners – about the birth of their baby for many years. Birth is an enormous event, it can be challenging, it can be emotional and it can be very different from expectations. It can be crucial to make sense of it, even if what straight-forward. Birth is personal and it can impact how we feel about ourselves, about our body and our ability to parent – making time to focus on it can make a huge difference.
Based in the North East, I regularly work with parents from Newcastle, Northumberland, Gateshead and across Tyneside.
With digital courses and online video sessions I can now work with parents everywhere.