A range of online birth workshops have been designed for you to complete at your own pace. Packed full of experience and expertise, each one will provide you with a foundation of robust knowledge, practical skills, strategies and ideas.
Each workshop is clear and practical, based on evidence, experience and listening to parents. With resources to read at home, each digital course is interactive and personalised to you – you can also include a consultation with me to talk it through and ask any questions.
These digital workshops enable you to focus on specific issues – for comprehensive birth preparation, an antenatal course is a great option.
- an overview of labour & birth
- what helps and what might not
- contractions & managing energy
- positions & being active
- pain management
- using your birth space
- writing your birth plan
- expectations & options
- birth partners
- being at the centre of your care
To focus on the common issues that can impact labour and birth and the decisions you make:
- the position of your baby
- having a long labour
- feeling overwhelmed
- if it’s a fast labour
- how being induced can affect your options
- useful positions to use in pregnancy
- different positions for labour & birth
- using a birth ball
- standing positions
- leaning positions
- sitting positions
- using the bed
- birth pool positions
- managing your energy in labour and birth
- Who can use a birth pool
- Pain management
- Birth partners
- Labour in the pool
- Birth in the pool
- Tips for using the pool
- when and how it an epidural is used
- the effects and the benefits
- managing it
- using positions on the bed
- birth partner support
- what to be aware of
- tips for using an epidural
- the reasons for being induced
- how to encourage labour to start
- how induction works
- breaking your waters
- oxytocin drip
- your options, what you can do and how you can manage induction
You can access all of the online birth workshops on a laptop, tablet or phone and download the resources to read and use at home.
How it works…
- Buy your digital workshop.
- You will receive an email with the information to access your course and resources.
- If you have bought a workshop with a video session, this can be arranged around your schedule – I will email you to arrange a time.
- As you can go through your course in your own time, make yourself comfy and give yourself the time to begin to read the material.
- As you go through the information, it can be helpful to jot down information and questions.
- The resources include worksheets to personalise the information for you – print these out so you can think about what is going to be useful for you during labour and birth.
A few words about why I created these digital birth workshops…
I wanted to have a range of birth courses for expectant parents who want to focus on specific issues. These are thorough and practical options with really useful resources and work sheets to download so the course is personalised.
Please feel free to message me here with any queries.
My face-to-face groups are ideal for parents across Newcastle & Tyneside. With video sessions and digital courses, I also work with parents and families from across the UK as well as internationally.
How can I help you?