For Birth & Baby – professional, practical and personalised antenatal classes for all expectant parents
Based on first-hand experience, up-to-date information, research and proven practical skills, this course has been designed to better prepare you for the reality of labour and birth and to encourage you to be at the centre of your care. With a range of resources to read and use at home, this course is ideal if you are expecting your first baby and it also works well as a refresher if you are getting ready to birth again.
There are 6 Modules with practical information, audio, tips and worksheets to use during your pregnancy, during labour and when your baby is here.
This course is not about labour & birth being easy, it is about being able to put yourself at the centre of your care, managing the different challenges of labour & birth and what you can do.
Only 27% of labours are without any intervention, so it is important to know more about induction, caesareans, assisted delivery and epidurals – this gives you more knowledge about what to expect, what your options are and how to stay as calm as possible if your labour becomes more complicated.
By the end of your course, you will know more about…
- EARLY LABOUR – what to expect, knowing your options, managing your contractions and managing your energy when you are at home
- ESTABLISHED LABOUR & GIVING BIRTH – what to expect, managing your contractions, managing your energy, pain relief, knowing your options
- WHAT CAN HELP & WHAT CAN HINDER – the essentials that can make a big difference in labour, for birth, with epidurals and with inductions
- GOOD BIRTH SUPPORT – so birth partners know how to help and how to be an advocate
- EFFECTIVE POSITIONS FOR PREGNANCY, LABOUR & BIRTH – to move, to rest, to use gravity to help your contractions, to use with epidurals, to use with induction and to be more comfortable
- USING YOUR BREATHING – to stay calm, to work with contractions, to use with all births and to head off any panic
- INDUCTION, EPIDURAL & CAESAREANS – these can all be a necessary part of labour and birth so it helps to be better prepared, to know what to expect and to know more about your options
- USING PAIN RELIEF EFFECTIVELY – knowing more about your options and how to use the different pain relief methods well
- PANIC POINTS – where these are more likely to happen and how to manage them
- MEETING YOUR BABY & YOUR RECOVERY – so you know more about your options and what to expect
- THE EARLY DAYS & WEEKS WITH YOUR BABY – preparing your home for your new baby; what to expect with a newborn; feeding; sleep; how to soothe and settle your baby; what your baby may need and what you may need so you can look after your baby and so you can look after yourselves as new parents
You will also:
*develop your own birth plan with questions and strategies
*have the opportunity to think through what you might need
*be equipped with effective skills & strategies for labour and birth
*be better prepared for looking after your new baby
*know more about the challenges and how to manage them
*have resources to reflect on the birth of your baby
There are two antenatal course packages available…
Antenatal Classes – Self Paced
I have created a course for you to go through at your own pace - you can access and use the information and resources in your own time.
Antenatal Classes – With 1:1 Sessions
I have created an online antenatal course with 6 modules, accompanied by weekly 1:1 sessions for you to talk through the information and ask questions.
All you need to do is buy your antenatal course and I will send you an email with information about accessing the course.
If you would prefer to pay by bank transfer, just send me a message below and I will give you all the details.
1:1 Birth Preparation sessions can also be arranged to talk through specific issues.
If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to send me a message.
A pregnancy, birth and postnatal practitioner