Relax and Breathe is your complete breathing course with simple and effective techniques for pregnancy, birth and when your baby is here.
Through regular practice you will have skills to deal with pain & discomfort or feelings of anxiety, stress or panic. By bringing this into your day, just for a few minutes, you can make some time for you and boost your general wellbeing.
There isn’t anything complicated about developing your relax and breathe skills. It’s just about slowing your breathing, letting it be your focus and letting go of tension. But practice is crucial, so you can become familiar with relaxing your breathing and your body and to find what works for you.
Knowing how to use your breathing, means you can…
- relax & de-stress
- head off any panic
- work with your contractions
- manage your energy in labour
- manage any aches and discomfort
- be calm if you feel overwhelmed
- stay calm if your birth plan changes
And you will benefit from:
- a calm, knowledgeable approach
- *working with an experienced practitioner
- *practical resources and downloads
- *proven practical skills
A simple introduction to using online Relax and Breathe…
- Sit comfortably, where you won’t be disturbed and give yourself a few minutes to focus on your breathing.
- The key to learning Relax & Breathe is to make time for it, to practise it and to develop it so it works for you.
The Online Relax & Breathe Course is made up of three guides:
1. for your pregnancy and birth preparation
2. to use during your labour and birth
3. for when your baby is here
You can use all three guides to gain knowledge, to make notes and write your strategies for labour and birth. You can also download the information and audio files to use during your pregnancy, throughout labour and during those early days and weeks with your new baby.
Relax & Breathe provides an opportunity for birth partners to know how to stay calm and to provide effective support.
What parents say about Relax and Breathe…
“I found the breathing really helpful in labour. I trusted my body and focusing on my breathing kept me calm, focused and in control.”
“You helped me breathe my small one into the world…and through every day since.”
“I don’t think I could have got through it as well without knowing how to use and focus on my breathing.”
“What a difference it made! I was really worried about my anxiety taking over but I kept it under control and I used it throughout my labour.”
These sessions are ideal if you are expecting your first baby, as well as a refresher if you are getting ready to birth again.
There are two course options for you…
- Personalised Relax & Breathe Course with a 1:1 session with me
- Self-Paced Relax & Breathe Course to go through in your own time
A few words about why I created Relax and Breathe…
I developed Relax & Breathe in 2009 after using breathing techniques to manage anxiety and panic and reflecting on my work with expectant and birthing parents.
Simple relaxation & breathing skills can be vital for focus and calm, to ease discomfort and pain, to boost energy levels and to manage anxiety or panic.
I wanted to create something uncomplicated which is why Relax & Breathe is simple and easy to use. It’s about bringing it into your day for a few minutes, so it becomes familiar and tailored to you.
My face-to-face groups are ideal for parents across Newcastle & Tyneside. With video sessions and digital courses, I also work with parents and families from across the UK as well as internationally.
How can I help you?