Birth balls are a great tool for pregnancy, birth and when your baby is here.
Using a birth ball in pregnancy
- sitting on a birth ball or leaning into a ball means you can rock and sway to ease stiffness as well as any back and hip ache, especially in the third trimester
- regular use can encourage your baby to be in a more optimal position for labour
- the more you become familiar with using a ball during your pregnancy, the more likely you are to use it during labour
Using a birth ball during labour & birth
- sitting and rocking on a ball can keep you upright and comfortable
- it can encourage your baby into a good position for birth
- leaning into the ball can support you in a more upright position when you are tired or when you are giving birth
Using a birth ball with your baby
- Movement can help to settle a baby so it can be useful to sit, gently bounce or sway on the ball to calm them
How to know your birth ball is the right size for you…
* when you sit on the ball, it supports you rather than sinking into it
* your feet are comfortably flat on the floor
* your knees are lower than your hips and your knees feel comfortable
* your back is straight
* it feels stable to sit on it
* it feels comfortable
I am on hand with consultations to be on hand during your pregnancy and to help you prepare for labour and birth.
Working with parents since 2002
With consultations, digital guides and courses, my practice is here for you every step of the way. You can also become a member for exclusive content, discussion and a place to ask questions.
As a doula I work with parents from across Newcastle and Tyneside.
How can I help?
Copyright: Janine Smith